Professor, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Department of Physical Chemistry and Material Science, Laboratory of Plastics and Rubber Technology
Prof. Béla Pukánszky graduated from the technical University of Budapest (Hungary) in chemical engineering, where he also received his PhD in 1976. From 1973 to 1978 he worked as a researcher at the Industrial Research Institute for Organic Chemistry (Hungary) and from 1978 he joined the Central Research Institute for Chemistry of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS) as an assistant scientific co-worker, latter scientific co-worker and finally as the head of a Department. In 1993, he was invited to the Technical University of Budapest where he became the head of the Department of Plastics and Rubber Technology. Latter the Department was merged with the Department of Physical Chemistry to create the Department of Physical Chemistry and Materials Science and he was the head of the merged unit for more than 10 years. He is still employed also at the research institute of HAS. He has produced more than 290 scientific publications, book chapters and several patents. His papers have been cited more than 6100 times and he has an h index of 49. Prof. Pukánszky is the member of numerous committees, is on the editorial panels of several scientific journals, and he is the full member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He organized several international conferences with great success in the past; the last one was the fourth International Conference on Bio-based Polymers and Composites in 2018. He has many industrial contacts, and has been consulting international and Hungarian companies like Borealis, General Electric, Clariant, TVK, etc.
- Pukánszky, B.: Influence of Interface Interaction on the Ultimate Tensile Properties of Polymer Composites. Composites 21(3), 255-262 (1990)
- Pukánszky, B.: Interfaces and Interphases in Multicomponent Materials: Past, Present, Future, Eur. Polym. J. 41, 645-662 (2005)
- Móczó, J., Pukánszky, B.: Polymer micro- and nanocomposites: structure, interactions, properties. Review. J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 14(5), 535-563 (2008)
- Kun, D., Pukánszky, B.: Polymer/lignin blends: interactions, properties, applications, Eur. Polym. J. 93, 618-641 (2017)
- Li, X., Hegyesi, N., Zhang, Y.C., Mao, Z.P., Feng, X.L., Wang, B.J., Pukánszky, B., Sui, X.F.: Poly(lactic acid)/lignin blends prepared with the Pickering emulsion template method, Eur. Polym. J. 110, 378-384 (2019)